Monday, May 26, 2008

Time to go to school.

Hubby and I have been delaying sending Isaac to school. We feel that it is too early to let him start school...after all he will be doing it for the next 2 decades at least.
My niece started going to school before she was 1 1/2 years old. Since then Isaac has been asking to join her. He was hardly 1 year old then. It is actually quite pitiful, every morning he stands at the door wishing us goodbye and asking us where are we going. The first half of the morning, he is then left to play with the maid.
3 months ago, I brought him to playschool once a week, he thoroughly enjoyed it! At the end of 3months, I was too tired to run around with him anymore, so I stopped bringing him there. Needless to say, he was dissapointed.
Finally last week, I brought him to try a school near my house. I must say, I am so proud of him for jumping right in. I was shown around the little school while he joined the class. It was a good 1/2 hour before I went to collect him from his class. He was so involved in it that he hardly noticed when I walked in to call him. He was already teaching some of the younger kids how to do a puzzle! I told him that we are going home but he did not want to.After much cajoling and convincing, he cleaned up his playthings(without me telling him!) , hugged the teacher goodbye and walked out the door. My heart was swelling with pride ,looking at my little boy being so independent. It tugs at my mummy heart strings that before long he won't be needing me much longer*sniff*.
Anyway, we went home and he proudly told his cousin and his Mama abt his day at school. Next week we are going for a trial week and once he is comfortable abt me leaving him, he will be on his own.

Note: His school has a little swimming pool. I am so excited for him!

No comments: